Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What I learned and how I've used it

What did I gain from Quest English 8 and 9?


  • Enough to be interested in philosophy books on my own time
  • Enough to think about what is happening and make my own conclusions
  • Enough to learn to not judge other peoples opinions


My favorite unit of all was absurdity and the stranger. I never really thought of it until now, but I feel like absurdity is very strongly tied to everyday life. Noah was telling me for a long time that I should join Cross Country but I recently decided to sign up this Spring because of absurdity. The regular Jonah would never do anything like that but I feel like absurdity is about doing thinks that are absurd to you. It also related to pain but that's a topic for another time.

During the last day of quest we all got to write a message to Mr. McCallum and mine said: "Sorry McCallum, gotta go write a blog". While it was true, I felt that there was a stronger message inside. A message that said that I was leaving your teachings to go and do my own thing out in the world. A message that said that you helped me so much, to discover who I am, and also help everyone you are around. This is the best part of you. I always feel that I could come to you with anything, and I only have feel that way about 2 people ever. I feel like I can come to you with more things then my parents. When you read this, you might think that you did something horrible by being there for me more than my parents but instead, think of how you created a relationship with a student so strong, that he values it more than most. This class was so important to me that I don't know how to describe it further.


See you in Journalism 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger