Thursday, January 21, 2016

Noah and Jonah's Presentation Extravaganza!



This was quite a project. Never before have I tested my patience with another human being. Noah was brutally honest, lazy and at times incompetent. He criticized my work to beyond recognition and never could accept any of his own. Whether this pushed me to be better or discouraged me from reaching my full potential, we'll never know. At the start of this project I tried to be like other artists, I watched YouTube videos, I looked at lots of pixel art to get more ideas and I even copied other people's art and tried to change them slightly. In the end I realized that I could never get to that level of detail because 1. I didn't have a program to accurately do what I wanted it to do with brushes and fading and 2. I didn't have an artists experience to make what I wanted to and 3. I had a perfectionists mindset when entering this project. This means that I couldn't be happy with the slightest error and I had to have every mistake corrected, even if it made the overall project worse. Realizing that to make things perfect, I had to make things have flaws, made me a better artist in general. I became more happy with my work and I became more satisfied overall. This still leaves us with one, small, problem. Noah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger